There is a Cape Town based opportunity available for an Accountant. The Accountant will be responsible for the monthly accounting and reconciliation process of bank accounts and accounts receivable/debtors. The Accountant will be responsible for accounts receivable analysis on an ongoing basis, analyzing debtors aging and bad debts identification and will work on the ERP Netsuite system. The Accountant will also be required to assist the finance team with tasks as and when required. In due course the junior accountant will assist in certain accounting aspects and payments.
- Secondary- Grade 12
- Tertiary qualification advantageous
- Work experience
- 1 – 2 years experience (junior position, will be favorable but not required. Bookkeeping and accounting experience.)
- Be Innovative
- Be Responsible
- Display Leadership
- Information Monitoring
- High Attention to Detail
- Problem Solver
- Knowledge of regulatory tax requirements
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Good Communication skills
- Debtors- manage all debtors and follow up on any outstanding monies owed
- Monthly analysis- of debtors AR and identification of bad debts
- Bank reconciliation- ensure bank reconciliations are processed timeously
- Payments- collate and set up payments for authorization and processing (in due course)
- Data protection and information management- enter relevant information on the Company ERP system i.e. Netsuite
- Administration and assistance- maintain an organized, orderly filing system of all accounting documentation, provide support and back up to the Financial Controller
Email your cover letter and comprehensive CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Please indicate in your email whether you were referred to us, and if so, please say whom referred you.
Applications close Thursday 15 November 2018.